About the College
Today’s job market is increasingly becoming competitive. To stand out, you need to have a combination of good communication skills, in-depth theoretical and practical knowledge of industry concepts, and relevant work experience. Our study schedules and curriculum are designed to meet the needs of today’s international students, providing them with the best possible opportunity to succeed.
- Convenient and manageable study schedules. This is perfect for students who want to work while studying.
- Co-op placements. Arbutus College helps students apply classroom learning to real-world scenarios related to their program of study through guaranteed co-op placements.
- Eligibility to work. Students can work while pursuing their studies. Arbutus College programs are recognized by the American Hotel & Lodging Association (AH&LA), The Forum for International Trade Training (FITT), and the Canadian Institute of Management.
- Supportive community. The faculty and staff at Arbutus College are experts in international student success. Students have a strong support system on campus.
- Pathways. Arbutus College offers pathways to universities and other higher education providers to students who complete their programs.
Each booking includes the following:
- Medical Insurance
- Books and Materials
Exclusive to GoLearn!
- 2 weeks of accommodation
- Airport Transfers
- Visa Review and Agency Support
- Tour of the City
- SIM Card
The study permit is a document we issue that allows foreign nationals to study at designated learning institutions (DLI) in Canada. You may also need a visitor visa or an electronic travel authorization (eTA).
A study permit is usually valid for the length of your study program, plus an extra 90 days. The 90 days let you prepare to leave Canada or apply to extend your stay.
REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDY PERMIT
You can study in Canada if you:
- Are enrolled at a designated learning institution (DLI)
- Prove you have enough money to pay for your:
- Tuition fees
- Living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada and
- Obey the law, have no criminal record
- Are in good health and get a medical exam
- Prove to an officer that you will leave Canada when your study permit expires
DOCUMENTS FOR STUDY PERMIT
You need these documents to apply for a study permit:
- Proof of acceptance
- Proof of identity
- Proof of financial support
An Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) is an entry requirement for visa-exempt foreign nationals travelling to Canada by air. … With a valid eTA, you can travel to Canada as often as you want for short stays (normally for up to six months at a time). You do not need an eTA for travel within Canada.
The Visa is very simple to obtain. You need:
- Your passport and a valid credit or debit card
- Access to the online form to apply. This form can’t be saved, so have your information ready!
- Pay $7 CAD for your eTA right after you complete the form
- Get an email about your eTA application. Most applications are approved within minutes
- You may need to submit documents before your application can be approved. You’ll know within 72 hours!
- GoLearn will guide you through every step of this process – talk to us today!