About the University
Since 1973, City University of Seattle has been relentlessly re-imagining higher education in the Pacific Northwest and around the world. As an accredited, private, nonprofit university, our mission is to provide career-relevant education to busy professionals who want to advance their careers and compete in the global marketplace.
Today, CityU is recognized as a Top 10 educator of adults nationwide1, offering over 60 degree and certificate programs in business, leadership, education, project management, health and human services, and computer and information systems. Whether students study on-site or online, they learn from practitioner faculty and network with alumni employed at Seattle’s top companies.
CityU is truly a global community. Each year, the institution serves over 500 international students at our Seattle campus who come to CityU to complete their bachelor’s degree or earn a graduate degree. We continue our mission of offering access to a high quality, relevant U.S.-style degree to those in other countries. There are now partnerships with institutions in Canada, China, the Czech Republic, Mexico, Slovakia, and Vietnam. No matter which program students choose, they gain global perspectives from their peers while expanding their professional expertise.
From the day they enroll, students have an entire team of support that’s committed to helping them finish their degree and achieve their goals. In fact, students complete their degrees at twice the average national rate.
Our Mission, Vision, and Values
At CityU, we strive to change our students’ lives for good by offering high-quality and relevant lifelong education. Our vision is educational access worldwide through a network of partners and programs offered on-site and online.
At CityU, we value:
- Flexibility — Design and deliver programs and services to be convenient to students
- Accessibility — Provide educational opportunities to anyone, anywhere
- Innovation — Continually create new educational opportunities
- Relevance — What we teach today can be applied tomorrow
- Global — Act local but think global
Each booking includes the following:
- Medical Insurance
- Books and Materials
Exclusive to GoLearn!
- 2 weeks of accommodation
- Airport Transfers
- Visa Review and Agency Support
- Tour of the City
- SIM Card
The study permit is a document we issue that allows foreign nationals to study at designated learning institutions (DLI) in Canada. You may also need a visitor visa or an electronic travel authorization (eTA).
A study permit is usually valid for the length of your study program, plus an extra 90 days. The 90 days let you prepare to leave Canada or apply to extend your stay.
REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDY PERMIT
You can study in Canada if you:
- Are enrolled at a designated learning institution (DLI)
- Prove you have enough money to pay for your:
- Tuition fees
- Living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada and
- Obey the law, have no criminal record
- Are in good health and get a medical exam
- Prove to an officer that you will leave Canada when your study permit expires
DOCUMENTS FOR STUDY PERMIT
You need these documents to apply for a study permit:
- Proof of acceptance
- Proof of identity
- Proof of financial support
An Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) is an entry requirement for visa-exempt foreign nationals travelling to Canada by air. … With a valid eTA, you can travel to Canada as often as you want for short stays (normally for up to six months at a time). You do not need an eTA for travel within Canada.
The Visa is very simple to obtain. You need:
- Your passport and a valid credit or debit card
- Access to the online form to apply. This form can’t be saved, so have your information ready!
- Pay $7 CAD for your eTA right after you complete the form
- Get an email about your eTA application. Most applications are approved within minutes
- You may need to submit documents before your application can be approved. You’ll know within 72 hours!
- GoLearn will guide you through every step of this process – talk to us today!