About the College
Certification by PTIB assures clients that VanWest College delivers education and training programs that meet and exceed high quality educational standards and student protection.
Highly interactive program courses, taught by industry leaders, are designed to improve students’ communication skills, increase business knowledge and refine job-search and employability skills. Students will acquire the essential real-life skills necessary to be successful in a workplace environment and students in co-op programs will spend approximately 50% of their program time in paid, authentic Canadian job placements. For real learning, real experience and real results, VanWest College is the premiere choice.
VanWest has a proven reputation for quality, student satisfaction, and student success.
Whether in career training or English language programs, students consistently achieve their learning objectives.
Students receive individualized attention throughout their programs to track their learning progress.
Our programs prepare students for employment in a wide variety of workplaces.
Qualified Instructors have industry expertise and professional designations.
Designated Learning Institution
VanWest is certified by the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education.
Each booking includes the following:
- Medical Insurance
- Books and Materials
Exclusive to GoLearn!
- 2 weeks of accommodation
- Airport Transfers
- Visa Review and Agency Support
- Tour of the City
- SIM Card
The study permit is a document we issue that allows foreign nationals to study at designated learning institutions (DLI) in Canada. You may also need a visitor visa or an electronic travel authorization (eTA).
A study permit is usually valid for the length of your study program, plus an extra 90 days. The 90 days let you prepare to leave Canada or apply to extend your stay.
REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDY PERMIT
You can study in Canada if you:
- Are enrolled at a designated learning institution (DLI)
- Prove you have enough money to pay for your:
- Tuition fees
- Living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada and
- Obey the law, have no criminal record
- Are in good health and get a medical exam
- Prove to an officer that you will leave Canada when your study permit expires
DOCUMENTS FOR STUDY PERMIT
You need these documents to apply for a study permit:
- Proof of acceptance
- Proof of identity
- Proof of financial support
An Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) is an entry requirement for visa-exempt foreign nationals travelling to Canada by air. … With a valid eTA, you can travel to Canada as often as you want for short stays (normally for up to six months at a time). You do not need an eTA for travel within Canada.
The Visa is very simple to obtain. You need:
- Your passport and a valid credit or debit card
- Access to the online form to apply. This form can’t be saved, so have your information ready!
- Pay $7 CAD for your eTA right after you complete the form
- Get an email about your eTA application. Most applications are approved within minutes
- You may need to submit documents before your application can be approved. You’ll know within 72 hours!
- GoLearn will guide you through every step of this process – talk to us today!